Interested in working with us at ZIS?
- We primarily use Schrole to handle applications although we welcome applications via email as well. CVs and letters of application should be sent to Andrew VanderMeulen, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants are strongly advised to browse the school web site and in particular look at the Parent Newsletters which are indicative of the active life of the school.
- We place high value on previous IB experience, but we also welcome successful teachers who show a commitment to excellent approaches to teaching, who are collaborative, resourceful, and optimistic, and who are eager to learn and test the inquiry approach to learning.
- In the majority of cases applicants should be prepared for Skype interviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a country identified as English speaking. China recognizes degrees from the US, UK, Canada, NZ, Australia, and South Africa in particular. This requirement is more flexible with some specialist positions, particularly foreign language teachers, and for some Primary and Early Years positions.
- Valid teacher certification/license/qualification. A PGCE, Bachelors of Education, or a Masters is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years full-time teaching experience.
- Police record checks must show a clean criminal record.
The Zhuhai Experience
When you join ZIS, the vast majority of international hires elect to be placed in the housing provided by the school. All of these apartments are located in the housing development known as “Horizon Cove”. Located 15 minutes from campus by staff bus, the housing is a part of the Tang Jia neighbourhood of Zhuhai, a short walk away from the community’s entertainment area. Popular among staff, eateries include Thai, Western, Korean, and a variety of Chinese offerings. Live music is usually found at one or more venue on weekends. Dance, yoga, and music lessons are available in the area as well – and staff are active in the local basketball, darts, golf, and football scene.
Horizon Cove is a large community itself with tennis courts, two swimming pools, a fitness centre, and massage and acupuncture on site. A well-stocked grocery store is located at the centre of the compound.
Our section of Zhuhai, Tang Jia, is defined by the universities that surround us as well as by the High-Tech Zone just down the road. The amenities that have grown to serve their needs benefit our small population as well!
Zhuhai is well-connected to its neighbours. Walk across the border to Macau, take a quick ferry to Hong Kong, or get to Shenzen or Guangzhou within two hours by ferry or bus.
Positions for 2017-2018 Academic Year have been filled.
Positions for 2018-19
This page and Schrole will be updated with employment opportunities as they become available.