Arrange a visit to the school grounds by contacting our admissions office:
Office PH: 86-756-3315580/3320016
Mobile PH: +86 137 2703 0105; Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM
Admissions will set up a time for parents and the child(ren) to come take a tour of the school facilities, meet the Head of School , and discuss any further questions the family may have.
View our School Profile for more information:
How are ZIS students selected?
We are an inclusive school, believing in the potential of every student to learn, grow, and achieve. There is no strict selection procedure as such but students are assessed and interviewed and tests in English may be administered to all students whose first language is not English. The object of the interviews and assessments is not strictly on a pass / fail basis but to assess any learning support either in language or in other aspects of learning that a student may need. Parents will be fully advised of the results of assessments though marks from any English testing will not be released. Admission for students with exceptionalities beyond that which we can provide for will require special consultation.
Can we arrange a visit to campus?
Anyone interested in visiting ZIS are asked to arrange an appointment with the school beforehand. The school is happy to organize visits at short notice and all interested parties are invited to tour the school and ask any questions they wish about the school and any aspects of its operations.
Feel welcome to contact us by email or by telephone.
How long does it take to process my application?
We work closely with families to make their transition to Zhuhai and our school. For primary students it is possible to process applications within 24 to 48 hours though for younger children who do an ‘in-class’ assessment this may take longer depending on the agreed dates and times of the class visit. For secondary students we endeavour to process the application within 48 hours.
In order for an application to be processed, we will need the following documentation:
- A completed and signed Application Form.
- Clear photocopy of parents’ and student’s passports.
- Copy of student’s birth certificate with official translation if necessary.
- Copy of parents’ and student’s residence permits or diplomatic visas, or letter from parent’s employer affirming that visa will be procured.
- Health form and copy of up-to-date immunization record.
- Four (4) recent passport sized photos.
- Academic records in English. Official Records (with school seal) in other languages must be submitted, but it is the responsibility of the applicant’s parents to provide a certified English translation. Parents can use the Records Release Form to request school records.
- For Nursery applicants, full records for the preceding year.
- For Year 1-10 applicants, up-to-date current records and for two years previous
- For Year 11 and above applicants, all records from Year 7 to present
Records needed include:
- Any available standardized test scores
- Records of any special needs testing (if applicable)
- Classroom teacher recommendation – academic subject or homeroom teacher.
- The principal/counselor recommendation
- For Year 7 and above recommendation from Mathematics, English, and one other teacher.
To request records from previous school(s) parents should use the records request form.