Diploma Programme (DP)
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) at ZIS:
The IB Diploma Program (IBDP) is a rigorous pre-university course of study, leading to examinations, that meet the needs of highly motivated secondary school students between the ages 16 and 19 years.
ZIS has the IBDP as its senior school course for 16-18 year olds. The IBDP a balanced program designed to prepare students thoroughly for success in life beyond school. It is considered the ‘gold standard’ in high school leaving qualifications internationally, and the IBDP’s reputation for rigorous assessment gives IB Diploma holders access to the world’s leading universities and solid preparation for high achievement.
The IBDP at a glance:
- A two year study where 6 courses are intensively studied across the program.
- Three subjects are taken at ‘Higher Level’ (HL) and 3 at Standard Level (SL)
- In addition to the 6 courses, students experience the ‘core’ of the DP: the Extended Essay (EE), Theory of Knowledge (TOK), and CAS: Creativity, Activity, and Service.
- Assessments are set by the IBDP. Project work is marked by our teachers and moderated by the IBDP examiners.
- All exams are graded by IBDP examiners.
The subject selection process for the IBDP includes the student, their family, the DP Coordinator, and the Head of Secondary.
More on the Diploma from our DP Coordinator:
And learn more about CAS from our CAS Co-ordinator:
A two page summary of why CAS is such a valued part of the DP
A multi-slide presentation sharing the details of CAS
Learn about how we support college and university applications through BridgeU: